We partner with you to ensure compliance under employment law and to proactively mitigate your business risk.
Many of our clients approach us when they are considering taking legal action or need specialised employment advice or assistance, which cannot be found in general practice. We offer a full range of expert services in employment and labour law matters. Our services include Dispute Resolution, Advisory Services, Customised Documentation, Adjudicatory Services, Human Resources, Employment Equity and Occupational Health and Safety Implementation Services.
- Appearances in forums such as the CCMA, Bargaining and Statutory Councils, Labour Court, Labour Appeal Court, High Court and Supreme Court of Appeal.
- Arbitrations (private and statutory)
- Acting in relation to dismissals or alleged unfair labour practices
Acting in disputes with employees over non-payment of wages, overtime, leave and retrenchment pay.
- Providing advice and education: communicating obligations under employment legislation including the Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997, Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995, Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 85 of 1993 and the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as well as obligations under existing Bargaining Council collective agreements.
- Restructuring: advice and management of a restructuring process including documentation, employee consultation, candidate selection, severance packages and agreements.
- Disciplinary Proceedings: drafting of notices, assisting in preparation for hearings, and representing clients.
- Performance management processes: setting up, documenting and monitoring of performance management process.
- Business sales or transfers: valuation and apportionment of liability between the purchaser and seller and the restructuring of the newly merged entities.
- Collective Bargaining: wage negotiations, advice and management of strikes and lock outs, facilitating discussions with trade unions regarding recognition and organizational rights
As part of our service, we offer seminars and workshops for our clients on a range of relevant topics including running disciplinary hearings and arbitrations, general seminars in new developments in law or proposed changes to current legislation. We can also develop and run customised seminars to meet any specific requirements. Please contact us to find out about upcoming seminars.
- Employment contracts
- Collective agreements
- Severance and settlement agreements, restraints of trade, agreements in relation to transfers of business, undertakings or services and independent contractor agreements
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures, warnings, dismissal notices and sexual harassment codes.
We provide an onsite presence for small to medium sized businesses which do not have their own Human Resources Managers or Departments. Our consultants practically implement the necessary structures and reporting systems to ensure compliance with employment laws and to promote best labour and business practice. Our services include the following:
- Salary benchmarking and incentives schemes;
- Staff recruitment and succession planning;
- Developing, drafting and implementing policies and procedures;
- Performance management and disciplinary action;
- Assisting with staff disabilities and death applications
- Assist with on-boarding and exit programmes
- Preparing and implementing employment equity plans, setting up employment equity committees and submitting annual employment equity reports;
- Developing and implementing health and safety workplace policies, establishing health and safety committees, investigating and reporting workplace accidents and injuries, overseeing health and safety inspections; and
- Development and implementation of a Workplace Skills Plan as well as sourcing the training providers.
Have a question? Get in touch